Are you tired of the same old pizza toppings that are so common? This pickle pizza is a great way to get creative! This Pickle Pizza Recipe is delicious and memorable thanks to the bacon and dill pickles!
Pizza is one of those foods that allows us to get into a familiar zone and stay there. You can order pizza from a restaurant, make your own pizza at home or take it out. All you need is the same toppings.
You don’t have to eat pizza the same way every time. You don’t have to eat pizza the same way every time. It’s amazing how certain toppings can transform the taste of your pizza!
You might be asking yourself “What?” Pickles on pizza? It sounds strange, but it tastes incredible!
What Is Pickle Pizza?
This pizza uses your favorite crust, but tops it off with lots of sliced pickles. You can add anything from here!
Crumbled bacon is a great addition to dilly pickle slices. You can also sprinkle some fresh dill on top to make it even more delicious.
How Do You Make Pickle Pizza?
- Although I love making my own food, I’m not averse to pizza crust.
- A frozen brand is available at my local grocery. It’s just as good as homemade recipes. You can make a fantastic pizza crust recipe. But you can use any type of crust in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray the baking sheet lightly with nonstick spray.
- Arrange your pizza dough over your prepared pan or pizza stone.
- Brush the pizza dough with olive and garlic oil, then spread it over the crust.
- Top your pizza with shredded cheddar cheese. Place sliced dill pickles on top of your pizza. I prefer to use specialty or deli-style pickle slices, rather than the thin ones you use for hamburgers. Pickle slices made from specialty pickles have a natural appearance and are thicker and more crunchier.
- Spread crumbled bacon on your pickles, then sprinkle with dill-flavored Havarti cheese (grated or dill-flavored is optional).
- Bake the pizza for approximately 25 minutes or until it is golden brown. Just before you serve the pizza, sprinkle some fresh dill on it.
What else goes on a Pickle Pizza Recipe?
Dill pickles can be strong so I wouldn’t recommend adding too many toppings to this pizza.
There are many ways to make this pickle pizza more interesting:
- Use ranch dressing instead of olive oil.
- Use shredded or fresh mozzarella cheese
- You can substitute bacon with pancetta, sopressata, or ham.
- Add goat or feta cheese
- Use diced bell peppers or shallots
- Top the pizza with Italian seasonings or red pepper flakes
You might also like salami dill pickle pickle dip, baked pickle chips or “Fried” pickle dip.
Also Read : Burger Recipe With Peanut Butter
Spicy Italian Pizza
This simple pizza recipe is inspired by my favorite sandwich, the Spicy Italian Sub. This pizza is made with deli meat.
You’ll love homemade pizza after one bite!
This veggie pizza is the ultimate in vegetable love! For the ultimate pizza, pile loads of fresh vegetables on top of the pizza dough! This simple meal is easy and delicious!
This meatball pizza is so delicious and satisfying that you will never make meatballs or pizza any other way. For a quick and easy way to enjoy pizza, you can make this recipe in a skillet.
Picke Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup deli-sliced pickles with dill
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh dill
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oils
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Havarti flavored with Dill
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the baking sheet lightly with nonstick spray.
- Place your pizza dough on your prepared pan.
- Spread olive oil on pizza dough and sprinkle garlic over it.
- Spread cheese, pickle slices and bacon on the crust.
- Bake pizza for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted
- Before you serve, sprinkle fresh dill on the pizza
Thanks for reading my article about Pickle Pizza Recipe, Feel free to check some example of similiar pizza recipe here
Happy cooking 🙂