Beef stroganoff is a comfort food that’s packed with tender, juicy beef strips, and deliciously creamy sauce. It’s a perfect combination of beef, mushrooms and warm pasta or rice. Sour cream adds a nice touch to the dish, cutting through the butter and mushrooms. This dish is sweet and garlicky, and will remain in your mouth long after you finish your meal.
This Russian-inspired dish is named after the powerful Beef Stroganoff family. Since its creation, beef stroganoff has been popularized all over the world. This dish is now a popular choice in many kitchens around the globe. Here’s how to make it your own!
Beef is a favorite of many. The quality of your beef can make or break a dish. A bad thing that could happen to your meal is if you bite into a piece of beef and find it too tough or dry. In beef stroganoff we use thin slices. Ground beef is a good alternative to sirloin if you are looking for a cheaper option.
Here are some comforting and warm meat recipes you can make at home if you love meat as much I do.
- Gumbo is a delicious combination of meat and vegetables that’s tossed in a large pot. This takes just over an hour. If you don’t have much time to cook dinner, you should definitely make it! This is a wonderful comfort food that you can share with your family, especially if it’s something you don’t know.
- If you don’t have the time or patience to cook dinner, this Beef Stroganoff and Pepper Stir Fry is a great alternative! Stir-frying is when you cook one or more ingredients over high heat using very little oil. You don’t need any prior cooking skills; you can cook delicious beef in no time.
- A warm, hearty bowl of soup is the best thing to go with rainy, cold weather. Here’s where my Spicy Beef Noodle Recipe comes in. This spicy and flavorful dish is sure to please those who love beef mami. Although it takes about the same time as making gumbo, your taste buds will thank you. This can be enjoyed with a warm siopao or asado.
There are many ways to enjoy beef, but I still love this beef stroganoff. You won’t regret this recipe.
Also Read : Pinoy Chicken Curry Recipe
How to make Beef Stroganoff
Perfecting your roux is the first step in making Beef Stroganoff. Roux is essentially a mixture flour and fat, usually in the form of butter or oil. It’s used to thicken sauces. Roux has a 1:1 ratio of fat and flour.
Make your roux by melting 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Next, add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Stir in 1 Knorr Beef Stroganoff. Stir continuously as the mixture cooks in the saucepan. Add 2 cups of water to the saucepan. Stir well. After they are well combined, turn off the heat and leave your roux to cool.
In a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot, add in your onion slices and button mushrooms. After the onions have softened, add the beef sirloin. This recipe calls for 1 lb of beef sirloin, which I cut into small pieces. They should be fried for 3 minutes or until they become a light brown color. Our beef stroganoff should not be overcooked.
Stir in the roux that you have made earlier. Let it cook for 3 minutes. Mix the mixture occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Reduce the heat to low, and then add half a cup of sour milk. The sauce should have thickened by now. It will be delicious! Season the beef stroganoff to your liking with salt and black pepper.
When your beef stroganoff sauce is at the right thickness, add your favorite carb to it! I prefer beef stroganoff with egg noodles cooked according to the package directions. You can also add it to a bed of white rice or pasta noodles.
Enjoy this beef stroganoff recipe with your family and friends! We want to know your thoughts on this amazing beef stroganoff recipe.
Servings 6 people
Author Jayuz Saltzman
- 1 lb. 1 lb.
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper are two of the best ways to make it taste.
- 1 lb. 1 lb. egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 piece Knorr Beef Cube
- 2 cups of water
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and Knorr Beef Cubes. Continue to stir the mixture for 3 to 5 mins. Add water to the saucepan. Mix all ingredients together. Turn off the heat. Set roux aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onion and mushrooms until softened.
- Add the beef. Sautee for 3 minutes, or until light brown.
- Pour-in roux. Mix. Cook on medium heat for three minutes. Mix the mixture well once in a while.
- Reduce heat to low. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Top over egg noodles. This can be served with pasta or rice.
Thank you so much for reading this article, hope you like it.
Please feel free to check some other Beef Stroganoff Recipe Here
Happy cooking 🙂